Getting privacy wrong can cause serious harm to individuals, can damage a business’ reputation, and can cost significant amounts of money and time to put right.
Privacy and Information Law
Getting sound privacy advice is important both for individuals and for businesses.
Areas in which we can help include:
- advising on privacy complaints
- privacy breach prevention and management
- developing privacy policies and training staff
- information sharing, including approved information sharing agreements
- helping agencies with privacy impact assessments
- advice on the privacy implications of technology-based services including data analytics, cloud computing and social media
- litigation under the Privacy Act, the tort of privacy or breach of confidence
We can also advise on other aspects of information law, including
- the Official Information Act
- the Harmful Digital Communications Act